Saturday 24 January 2009

Ateaseweb.com - A Community. A Way of Life. A Religion. (My reply to Dasal)

I feel in Dasal's previous post he has been a bit harsh on atease, which to me is the greatest community on the internet.

Yes, most people there are attracted to the Main Forum where the only thing discussed is Radiohead, Radiohead and more Radiohead. I spent my first two or three years on atease only in this forum in threads where we made up and posted fake IM conversations with band members or discussed why Phil always wears a purple shirt or ranked their songs for the THIRTY MILLIONTH TIME.

But one day I ventured outside the Main Forum and discovered that atease offers SO MUCH MORE.

If I were to list for you all the bands that I have discovered through the atease Music Forum it would... well it would be a damn long list!! If you want to be cool and talk about bands that nobody's heard of, go to gigs that aren't sold out, criticise Pitchfork yet still comply to what it dictates as 'Best New Music' or develop an addiction to obscure music that means you have to download at least 5 albums a week then this is the place for you!

Atease has also led me to discover plenty of other great things such as what.cd, Arrested Development, last.fm, Twin Peaks, the ABSOLUTELY AMAZING Mark Gormley... I could go on, whereas Dasal has introduced me to, amongst other monstrosities, Ken Park and Girls and Corpses.

On atease there is always somebody there to listen. Who else out there is going to debate with me over whether Locke is actually dead or not? Where else can I state my opinion and have a 50% chance that someone will listen (and a 10% chance that they will give a crap)? Where else can I complain about my musically ignorant friends and know that they'll never find out?

So if any of this sounds of any interest to you, please come and join us at Atease, the coolest place on the internet for uncool people.

Rob

p.s. Avoid Main Forum and only go into General Chat if you aren't easily offended.
p.p.s. If you decide to join us, I'm Temporaryism, say hey!

No comments:

 
Unique Viewers
Unique Viewers
Total Page Views
Total Page Views